Golden retrievers are among the most common breeds available in most Indian homes. These generally vary from medium to large size and have long hairs. They are considered one of the best family pets, irrespective of location. Whether you have kids or other pets, the golden retriever energy is something that will make it a great inclusion in your family.
So, if you’re looking for comprehensive knowledge about this breed and want to know the golden retriever puppy price in Kerala specifically, continue reading this guide. Here we will provide every detail about this breed.
Golden retriever puppy price in Kerala
While there are several other breeds available in India, the golden retriever is among the most chosen species. However, if you are specifically looking for the golden retriever puppy price in Kerala, in that case, it will cost you somewhere between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30,000. Remember that it will vary from one breeder to another.
Characteristics of a Golden retriever
When you choose a golden retriever baby, they are primarily available in small sizes. However, the golden retriever turns into a sturdy and muscular dog when they grow. They have dense and lustrous golden coats that cover the entire body. With a straight muzzle, short ears, broad head, and friendly eyes, they become the perfect companion for your family. They have a feathery tail with a muscular body that moves with their owners wherever they go.
This breed was initially bred for hunting. They are known for being extremely active and powerful. Retrievers are known for their agility and balance. You should provide them with an environment where they can work hard, which is the nature of this breed. Apart from this, they have thick golden double coats, and hence it is a need for the owners to comb them constantly.
They grow to a height of 23 to 24 inches when it is a male retrievers. For females, it is around 21.5 to 22.5 inches. Male retrievers generally weigh about 65 to 75 pounds, and females approximately 55 to 65 pounds. They have a life expectancy of 10 to 12 years. The golden retriever energy is something that will keep you attracted. They are very playful, enthusiastic, self-confident, friendly, and gentle.
Health Concerns of Golden Retriever
We all want a healthy dog at home. However, whether you bring home a golden retriever baby or you want it to grow into a healthy dog, you have to pay attention to its health. Because they have a severe interest in food, it often makes them obese. There can be several concerning things that would be detrimental to their health.
- Hip dysplasia is common and is mainly caused due to environmental and genetic factors. There are also some retrievers that you find affected by elbow dysplasia. One of the most common treatments includes physical therapy, weight reduction, and using anti-inflammatories. So you have to make sure that you pay attention to their feeding habits.
- They suffer from several eye conditions like cataracts, pigmentary uveitis, progressive retinal atrophy, and much more.
- They are also prone to a lot of health diseases like subvalvular aortic stenosis. The treatment is generally long-term medication.
- Apart from this, allergies include swelling, and sneezing is common. Cancer is common in older dogs.
What to feed a golden Retriever?
As mentioned by some of the most common feeding habits of golden retrievers, it is also a need for you to choose a high-end pet formula. You have to make sure to choose dog food containing grains until they reach a particular age. Once they mature, you can select high-quality adult formulas for five days to avoid any stomach upset.
It is crucial for you to refrain from feeding the retrievers with a diet that does not contain any grains like legumes as the top five ingredients. While you’re choosing dog food, make sure that you check the significant ingredients before you decide.
Other nutritional tips include
The omega-3 fatty acid is an excellent supplement for golden retrievers. It can reduce inflammation and make the coats of this breed look lustrous. It also protects the skin from the environment’s allergens. Make sure of the following while choosing food for your retriever.
- Moderate fat and protein content
- Low-calorie diet
- High fiber content
- Low carb content
Factors Influencing golden retriever puppy price in Kerala
If you are willing to bring home a golden retriever, you need to have knowledge about its price. While different regions in India have different price structures, there are several factors that work into increasing their price. Before we talk about the golden retriever puppy price in Kerala, we’ll take a look at some of the most common factors that affect the price.
- The location is one of the most significant factors that will result in having different prices in different regions. If you are located in an urban place, the price structure will be higher as the demands of retrievers or more than in rural areas.
- Breeder reputation is again an immensely influential factor that affects the price. Different breeders have different prices to offer. If you want to stay assured about choosing a quality breed, you should pay extra by checking the breeder’s quality.
- Male golden retrievers are slightly higher priced than female puppies. So it again depends on your choice.
- They have thick and long coats, which require constant moving. As the breeders have to maintain these breeds, it will add to the overall price of the golden retriever.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Retriever
Whether you’re willing to choose a shaved golden retriever or a baby, you should always check a few things.
- Make sure about the breeder’s reputation before choosing a golden retriever breed.
- Check out the breeding quality.
- Ensure that you provide them with a proper space to stay.
- Grooming is one of the most critical aspects of these pets. So make sure you consider the amount you need to pay for grooming frequently.
- Make sure to check the health quality.
They are the best and easiest to pet because of their friendly nature. So choose a reputed breeder and enjoy high-quality breeds.