If you want to look good, you should start taking good skin care. No matter how much makeup you apply, your skin will never look flawless until it is actually flawless. Besides, as we are already experiencing tremendous heat and scorching summer, it is essential for you to take proper skin care depending on your skin type.
Remember that excess humidity and heat can make your skin look dull and start showing up with different kinds of skin issues like sunburns, rashes, and acne. Whether you have to go out every day or you stay at home, your summer skincare routine must have some crucial ingredients that can help retain the natural moisture and shine.
How can summer affect the skin?
When the humidity is higher, and it gets warmer, the sebaceous gland on your skin starts producing natural oil or excess sebum. The oil generated on your skin generally remains stuck on the skin surface, which leads to blocking pores, greasing, and stickiness. One of the most common problems that occur during the warm season includes acne breakouts.
Primarily people who have oily skin secrete more oil, which forms bacteria and results in clogging the pores and causing acne. As the skin gets exposed to UV rays, it also increases melanin production to protect the skin from damage. As melanin consists of photo protective qualities, excessive production can result in tanned and darker skin. It also includes itching, rashes, and sensitivity to the skin.
How to take care of your skin during summer?
You have to make sure that you thoroughly take care of your skin during summer to stay away from skin issues. So following are some of the most common skincare steps that you need to take during summer, especially in India.
- Make sure to clean your skin using a good cleanser thoroughly
- Use a quality toner after you have cleansed your skin.
- Do not forget to use a good moisturizer after you have cleansed and toned your skin.
Note: During summer, you need to make sure that you wash your skin multiple times to keep it hydrated and get rid of sweat. You can also use a hydrating mask or any kind of facial mist to provide extra hydration during the summer.
- Whether you are about to go out or not, make sure to use sunscreen on a regular basis to protect your skin from UV rays. Remember that not using sunscreen during summer can result in age spots, pigmentation, wrinkles, tanning, and sunburns.
- It is advised not to use any kind of heavy makeup to let your skin breathe properly. You can use a tinted moisturizer to get that extra glow or conceal your issues but using makeup products during summer can clog your pores and result in more skin troubles.
- Scrubbing must be a part of your summer skincare regime. Make sure to scrub your screen correctly once a week to exfoliate your skin and get rid of the dirt and dust clogged in your pores.
- Make sure to choose a moisturizer that has antioxidants, SPF, and a non-greasy texture.
- As the skin surrounding your eye is extremely delicate, it is vital for you to wear sunglasses before you go out and use moisturizing gel for additional protection around your eyes.
- Make sure to wear lip balm that contains SPF underneath your lipstick to take care of your lips.
Let’s be a little more specific.
Summer skin care routine for dry skin
As mentioned above, you have to pay attention to your skin type before you choose your skin care product. A summer skincare routine for dry skin requires paying attention to the products that you prefer.
Remember that cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are the three essential steps for every skin type. However, you have to make sure that you choose a non-foaming cleanser for cleaning your skin and choose a moisturizer that is non-greasy.
As you have dry skin, you need to choose a cream-based product that is non greasy for your dry skin. It will be helpful as it will not clog the pores yet provides the moisturizing effect on your skin that it requires.
Summer skin care routine for oily skin
People with oily skin face the most problems during the summer season. As their skin naturally produces a lot of oil which results in clogging their pores, it is essential for you to take the right step and care for your skin in the summer.
Make sure to properly clean your skin from deep within to get rid of grime and dirt. You have to make sure to remove the excess oil that your skin starts producing during the summer. Do not choose oil-based or cream-based products during the summers rather look for water-based products for oily skin as these are non-greasy.
As your skin starts producing excess oil during the summer season, especially when you have oily skin, non greasy products would help not to clog the pores. Apart from this, make sure to choose the right scrub for exfoliation once a week.
So these are some of the most critical steps that you need to pay attention to during summer. As a summer skincare routine is entirely different from any other season and is definitely based on your skin type, it is essential for you to choose products accordingly to ensure that it becomes beneficial to your skin.
Additionally, don’t forget to use sunscreen on a daily basis, as it will protect your skin from the harmful UV rays. Whether you are moving out or staying inside, sunscreen is a must during summers, and make sure to go as light on makeup as you can during this season.